12.3.09

Poem

Note: this probably seems a little forced, but I felt that I had to write something. If it seems bad, it probably is because of this.

Night sky darken before me
Shadow this lost heart
Play the music solemn peace
Force away this violent battle
Chase away the formless shadows

Gone beyond this orange sea
Weathered the storms impossibly
the land beyond; the one I need
The shore before; the one I see
is it that much different than whats behind me?

Quiet beyond this lonely place
Night sky come to me
Is this where I'm supposed to be?
Where my dreams come true?
Night sky, where are you?

Moving forward
into the sea
No looking backward;
waves pushing ahead
deeper into the orange sea

------------

It's not very long, but this is the longest time I've ever spent on a poem coming in at about two hours. Most poetry I write takes around three to ten minutes to write. Like I said, it won't be the prettiest poem I've ever written. It's also one of the few poems I've ever felt like I needed to write.

4 comments:

King Ashura said...

It's beautiful, Dem. And sad; it makes me think of someone who is searching for something...

I have issues with the way it ended, but that's alright. Being able to write a poem within 3 to 10 minutes is quite a talent (at least that's how I see it ^^ ). The fact that you had to spend 2 hours on this one then, is obviously a little surprising...
But that's okay. ^^

It's great to see you writing again! ^_^

Demoinai said...

In some way you're right, it is about searching for something. It also comes with my obsession with somebody running around the globe just to never lose sight of the sun. Sort of taken in a different way though.

Avie said...

I like it a lot Demo! Although, it seems dark and sad... but maybe that is why I like it!

Demoinai said...

I didn't mean for it to be entirely sad at all, dark maybe. I suppose those two things often do get along very well, though. But thank you.