5.3.09

Obsession

Hello folks, its Thursday ^_^

Starting right off: I've been having a little... obsession problem lately. Having come to the realization that I woke up at 1 p.m and played rock band 2 for more than the recommended playtime yesterday (who knows how long, i know more than 12 hours..), it seems strange that I'd play something this much all at once. I haven't actually put off any work to play it, so I don't feel bad about it. My diet is doing okay (grapes are great snack food) and haven't been starving myself.

I don't think its even that I play it too much, but I also think about it a lot. So I've decided to take a short break before the depression settles in about wasting time. Obsessions usually do not end well for me (even though I fall victim to it very easily, being an obsessive person). Not that I find being obsessive is bad, but the consequences can be devastating (like blog entries about obsession).

Anyway, not really a whole lot in my week to say anything else on. My sister would be a far more interesting person to read about. (But she also refuses to write because its boring to her) Her week has been incredibly interesting and I only know this because i've been downstairs for most of the week and actually spoke with her. Its always nice to acknowledge your siblings every once in a while. They're like friends you're forced to live with for an extended period of time.

Free the crabs!

Me.

7 comments:

Avie said...

Free the crabs? When I was a kid I made signs and put them on the lobster tanks at the grocery stores: "FREE THE LOBSTERS"!

Well, considering I am on the internet at least 12 hours a day - I don't think you have a problem at all....

King Ashura said...

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask about this, too. "Free the Crabs"? Is this something Nim gets, because he seemed to have responded to that, I think. lol

And same here, I'm on my laptop practically all the time too. I'm not sure if the obsession is related to the fact that you've been online a lot or that you've been gaming too much lately...

As for feeling bad about wasting time, erm...That can be fixed, right? ^^ There's so much to do nowadays, it's crazy. -_-

And I know what you mean about the acknowledging siblings thing. I'm ALWAYS upstairs, holed up in my room too. But that's an interesting way to put it: "They're like friends you're forced to live with for an extended period of time." I don't tend to think of them and my relationship with them in that way, but it's still 'interesting'...

^_^ Hope you have a great week.

Demoinai said...

Yes, free the crabs is something Nim would get because in some way he has been fighting against crab liberation for some time now. But I will free them and let their voices be heard!

Its just my opinion that spending more than 12 hours on a task is time wasting. I do have other things I can do, I suppose, but not all my tasks are active x_x

And lia: me and my sister are very close in age, so we ended up circulating the same crowds (she got into college less than a year after I did, graduated 9 months after I did). I suppose its only natural for me to consider her like a friend ^^

Nim said...

I'm not fighting against the crab liberation. I'm fighting for it! =(

King Ashura said...

AAAH!!! But I still don't get who or what these crabs are! Is it those real things living in the sea--those that people even eat? Or is this some game? X___X

Demoinai said...

I don't know of any fake crabs lia, and how dare you suggest such wonderful creatures be eaten =(

King Ashura said...

X__X I don't know - I've just heard people eat crabs. My family probably would, too.
I'm not too fond of seafood, sooo...
Yeah. >_>