12.2.09

Title: Or giving you some insight as to what this post is about in several words.

A lot of concepts over the last year Have gone through my mind on where I want this blog to go. As it was, it was just me sharing my thoughts on subjects of little importance. My intention right now is to come up with several concepts that may be good for me and interesting for readers, and as such I think it would be fair to share what I think would be a good idea.

1. A pure poetry blog. I have a very strong passion for writing in general, and some would say poetry is a strong point for me (though, I would disagree). Overall poetry is easy to write and takes little real editing to maintain. The problem with this idea is that there isn't really a lot of poetic inspiration right now for me to start pushing out poems.

2. Another strong passion for me is story writing, and as a concept for a very long story continues to unfold in my head, I think a good way to share it with people would be to post a chapter in the blog. The concept and story has entertained me a great deal in the past years, so I'd imagine (unless I'm so out of touch with people that what entertains me doesn't entertain even some people) other people would like to read it. My problem is that writing a dedicated story blog -does- take lots of personal effort and determination. What would I do if I felt a week's chapter isn't quite up to par with the rest of the week? Or I don't finish a week's chapter on time? These problems worry me, and I have a very strange obsession over perfection in writing so I may ultimately give up if I can't write something as I think it would best be written.

3. I could stick with just writing ideas that pop into my head, but it becomes difficult for me in my method of writing to maintain this kind of blog. I keep ideas pretty close and in the head. I'm not one to write down pre-writing or concepts easily for -anything-. As such my confidence level isn't high enough for this kind of blog.

If you support any of these I would appreciate acknowledgement, or even suggestions would be nice.

On a side note, my sister is flying alone for the first time o_o very scary.

Also, is there a text size problem? x_x

2 comments:

King Ashura said...

Personally, I've enjoyed reading anything you've written so far. Your writing, like another friend's, is the type that just flows over you - it's like riding a wave of words, and it doesn't matter what they say, it just feels good to be able to read them. ^^

Those are great ideas: poetry, story writing, and 'free-writing'. I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of each on your blog, actually; especially #3, this sort of random type of writing would be interesting to read. ^_^

Good luck!

Lia

Nim said...

The text size is fine.

Have confidence in your writing, all the bits I've read have been really good! No matter how you choose to run your blog, the key is to keep posting...if some week you aren't happy with your writing or aren't finished, maybe that's what you should post about that week: about what it is you're working on, why it isn't how you want it just yet. Maybe in the process you'll realize what you want to do with it--how to make it perfect. It gives your readers insight into how you write, too.

In any case, I'm glad to see this blog alive again. ^_^